These are places where you need the special features of the Sevylor Quikpak K1. For example, there can be cases and situations where you simply cannot transport a hard shell kayak. Some remote places have waterways where you could use a kayak, but no way to get one there other than lug one on your back.
The Sevylor Quikpak K1 is an inflatable but still very stable kayak. It comes with an integrated backpack that you can strap on and so carry anywhere. It weighs less than 20 pounds, so it will not weigh you down. Here is a review of the features, advantages, and disadvantages of the K1, (several owner comments included).
|Load Capacity||One-adult, weight capacity = 400 lbs/181.4 kg|
|Material||PVC reinforced polyester tarpaulin bottom|
|Weight||18 ls/8.2 kg|
|Dimensions:||103 x 36 x 30″/ 279.4 x 16.3 x 13.6 cm|
|Price Range||Cheap to Very Affordable|
|Special Features||Individual air chambers, 5-minute quick setup, multi-position footrest, tarpaulin bottom|
Top Features of the Sevylor Quikpak K1 Kayak
The Sevylor Quikpak has quite a nice list of attractive features. Here are several highlight points that we think you should know about when considering this kayak.
- Foremost, this is a sit-top kayak that inflates and sets up in around five minutes.
- It comes with its own backpack and can easily fit into any car or truck in an instant.
- There is a high-pressure hand pump included so that you can air-up your Sevylor Quikpak K1 anywhere you want to go.
- The paddles fold up for compact storage and easy transport.
- There is a thick PVC layer tarpaulin over the bottom that’s guaranteed not to leak.
- Even in case of an emergency, the Sevylor Quikpak K1 has multiple chambers that are independent of one another.
- If one accidentally loses air, the kayak will remain afloat.
- Each airport is a double lock fast valve, so you can both inflate and deflate them quickly.
- Adjustable foot braces will allow you to get comfortable and to shift your feet quickly even during longer trips.
Product Recommendations and User Opinions
Recommended level: Amateur to Advanced Kayaker
This is an excellent kayak for hikers and campers who enjoy trekking deep into the woods, but also want to carry a kayak along. It’s sturdy enough to handle most types of creek and river bottoms, and also shifty enough to appeal to anglers.
- Users consistently stressed this is not the most maneuverable kayak when it comes to speed. However, the idea that it can go anywhere at a moment’s notice outweighed any possible cumbersome movement.
- This kayak has a high center of gravity, so rough waters, or unstable winds can turn into a problem.
- The price is very appealing, especially if you’re trying out an inflatable kayak for the first time.
- Some owners also consider that the paddle isn’t as high of quality as a standard paddle.
How to Assemble the Sevylor Quikpak K1 Kayak
The whole concept behind the Sevylor Quikpak K1 is based on the fact that it has to have a fast set up. There really aren’t any problems to cover in our review that would help you with the assembly.
This is because the Sevylor Quikpak K1 should take between five and ten minutes to have ready to hit the water. Just follow the straightforward instructions in the user manual, and you should have no problems at all.
You want your Sevylor Quikpak K1 or any kayak to last for as long as possible to make the most of it. So following are a few tips for maintaining your kayak in top condition.
- Give your kayak a once-over before you put it in the water, and every time you take it out.
- Keep the seat and cockpit covered up when you’re not using the kayak.
- Make sure that you keep your kayak clean.
- Dirt and grime can compromise the longevity of the hull.
- Do something to prevent direct sunlight from constantly hitting your kayak.
- The intensity of constant, direct sun on your kayak will not only fade its color but will also weaken the hull structure.
To help you appreciate how useful some of the features on the Sevylor Quikpak K1 kayak are, check out the short video presentation below. This can help you visually see how this kayak works and help you decide if this might be the perfect choice for you.
That completes our review of the Sevylor Quikpak K1 kayak. You should now have a good idea of which features you will find useful, plus reasons why this may be the perfect kayak for you.
If you’ve already used the Sevylor Quikpak K1, tell us how you like it. Don’t hesitate to point out all the good and bad things about it, according to your opinion.
Also, if you’ve been fishing around for more inflatable kayaks, but couldn’t decide on one, check out this selection:
Don’t forget about picking a good fishing and kayaking backpack either!