|Load Capacity||One to three children (5 years of age and up) – Max total = 130 pounds/59 kilograms|
|Material||Puncture proof, UV resistant 30-gauge PVC vinyl|
|Weight||38 pounds/17.2 kilograms|
|Dimensions:||138 x 30 x 15 inches/350.5 x 76.2 x 38.1 centimeters|
|Price Range||Very affordable|
|Special Features||Portable air pump, two paddles, removable seats, cargo net, grab lines|
Pick up your paddles and let’s go for a ride as this Intex Challenger K2 Kayak review is here to provide you with all the details about this kayak. It will start by pointing out its top features and specs and then move to its pros and cons, plus some opinions expressed by owners. There is also a video so you can see this kayak in action and some maintenance how to’s.
Picking out the best kayak for you can be a tough choice as you will likely want to use it in different areas. You might even consider getting one that is big enough to fit a second passenger. One nice feature of an inflatable kayak is that you can take it anywhere without much hassle.
If you’re searching for a good kayak that is both inflatable, and can hold two people, then you definitely should consider the Intel Challenger K2.
Top Features of the Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
One of the top features we need to mention first in this Intex Challenger K2 Kayak review is its two-person capacity. Its being an inflatable kayak makes it an interesting variant from the very start, and the fact that it will safely fit two people is just another bonus.
Since this is a kayak focused on helping beginners, it is great that Intex also installed two safety grab lines at each end.
Considering its affordable price, you might question this kayak’s durability. However, you can rest assured, as this is made using an extra-strong, exterior-grade vinyl, which will withstand pounding on rough objects.
Our Intex Challenger K2 Kayak review should also mention how stable this kayak is. The Challenger K2 is U.S. Coast Guard and NMMA Certified.
There is an I-beam in the hull that you can inflate, or leave deflated. When it is full of air, it adds an impressive sense of balance to the kayak. This is a necessary feature when there’s a second person as well in the kayak.
Other Important Specifications
- Fins: Single fin with an inflatable center I-beam for added stability
- Handles: Two side handles, plus grab lines at the bow and the stern
- Carry bag: No
- Warranty: 90-day warranty
- Accessories: Two 86 inch aluminum paddles, a portable air pump, patch repair kit
Product Recommendations and User Opinions
Recommended level: Casual and Beginner Kayakers.
- While this kayak is primarily made for the casual kayaker, it is also a nice variant for more advanced kayakers who want to have an inflatable option at hand.
- Its main users are casual kayak lovers who enjoy kayaking in pairs.
Your Intex Challenger K2 Kayak review won’t forget to mention what owners have to say about this kayak, so let’s see!
- Owners liked the feature that allows you to take out one of the seats if you’re going to kayak solo. This gave owners more space to take things with them on their trip.
- Also, even when two people used the kayak, the large cargo netting space was a welcome feature.
- Some experienced kayakers didn’t find the speed and maneuverability of the Challenger K2 to be adequate.
- Other owners found the deflated kayak to be a little cumbersome to pick up and carry.
- Still, most customers found the Challenger K2 to be both fun and simple to use.
How to Assemble the Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
Assembling the Challenger K2 is actually rather simple.
- The cargo netting attaches with two snaps, and the seats are easy to take in and out.
- They are secured in place with Velcro.
- To inflate your kayak, simply lay it out on a flat area.
- Make sure you have about 12 feet of room for the kayak to expand.
- Attach the convenient air pump, and add air until the correct pressure is reached.
- You’ll be ready for a day on the water in about 15 minutes.
It’s always smart to do some scheduled preventive kayak maintenance. This is especially important for inflatable models. There are some specific things you should check on your Challenger K2 both before you take it out, and every time you come back in.
- Check the pressure in the kayak and make sure that the I-beam is inflated and also the inflatable seats.
- Wipe off the kayak before you deflate it and put it up for storage.
- This will not only add life to the vinyl but also prevent mold and mildew from compromising your kayak.
- At least twice a year, spread out your Challenger K2 before inflating it, and wipe it down with a professional vinyl protectant.
- This is an excellent maintenance step that can help preserve the vinyl, plus make the kayak easier to clean.
- Never deposit a kayak in places close to excessive heat, and avoid storing it in places where the temperatures will drop below freezing.
This is a kayak designed for fun, and so it is simple to get ready for use. All you need to do is use the convenient air pump, and your kayak should be fully inflated in about 15 minutes. Here is a video that better explains some of the key features of the Intex Challenger K2.
That concludes our Intex Challenger K2 Kayak review. Hopefully, you’ve found the information helpful in determining whether this is a good choice for you.
If you’ve already been in a Challenger K2, tell us about your experience. In addition, tell us about any points you think we might have missed in our Challenger K2 Kayak review.