Drysuits have made it possible to fish from a kayak even in harsher environments. Comfortable and loose fitting, many are tailored to specifically fit the needs of cold water enthusiasts, category which also includes kayak fishers. Below, we selected the top 5 best drysuit for kayak fishing options of 2018 to help you pick the best drysuit for you!
This list was compiled based on qualities like comfort, price, durability, material quality, design utility, and overall value. Let’s take a look!
5. Gul Code Zero Stretch U-Zip Drysuit
The first of our 5 best drysuit for kayak fishing options of 2018 goes is the Gul Code Zero Stretch. This drysuit combines durability and comfort with the waterproof and windproof essentials that you will need when kayak fishing under adverse circumstances.
Its breathable waterproof 2/2 mechanical stretch technology makes it ideal for trapping heat and fantastic at preventing leakage. It also makes it more comfortable than latex. It’s not a bad deal either and has received very good online reviews.
- Material: GCX4 EVO Breathable waterproof 2/2 fabric
- Size: Comes in sizes medium to XX-large
- Special Features: Free underfit suit included
- Warranty: Available by Request
4. Stohlquist EZ Drysuit
A four-layer twin sensor waterproof suit, the Stohlquist EZ Drysuit is great for anyone who wants the best drysuit for kayak fishing year-round. Its completely waterproof shell fabric is coated with a DWR finish that ensures it has the last word when fighting with water resistance.
A hydrophobic microporous coating and laminated membrane with a nylon tricot lining only add to its water resistance. This drysuit features a heat-trapping technology that guarantees your warmth and dryness. The Cordura reinforced seat and knees with mesh zippers make it a great suit for rugged activities like fishing as well. It also includes fabric drysocks that are universally sized.
- Material: DWR laminated materials, nylon, Cordura, rubber, fabric, neoprene
- Size: Comes in sizes small to XX-large
- Special Features: 4 layer suit with drysocks included
- Warranty: Available up to 2 years
3. Stohlquist Amp Drysuit with Tunnel Drysuit
Another impressive product from Stohlquist, this suit comes with a useful tunnel drysuit design. It also has a relaxed feel, so it’s incredibly comfortable. Masterseal waterproof cross-fit zippers ensure that water can’t get in when you are removing the suit or putting it back on.
Additionally, it comes with a built-in tunnel area, zippered arm pockets, and reflective panels Cordura reinforced knees and seat. Its mesh drainers with articulated armored areas also help ensure that this suit has everything you might need to stay comfortable when on or in the water!
- Material: Cordura, Neoprene coated Duraseal latex, nylon shell, other waterproof fabrics
- Size: Comes in sizes small to XX-large
- Special Features: Reinforced areas and tunnel
- Warranty: 2-year Warranty Available
2. Level Six Emperor 3.0 Ply Drysuit
The Level Six Emperor 3.0 is a supple suit that is not only durable but also breathable and very comfortable. It features Cordura panels on the elbows, forearms, shoulders, and knees, so it’s pretty tough to wear out.
Placed at number two on our list of the 5 best drysuit for kayak fishing options of 2018, this suit comes with an extensive list of features and an ultra-durable design.
It comes with an overlapping double tunnel waist work. The adjustable loop and hook over its cuffs prevent water from entering near the wrist areas as well. This is an added bonus that helps ensure that you will remain dry in any condition while wearing this suit. It’s also fleece lined with hand warmer pockets so that you will also stay warm in cool temperatures.
- Material: Fleece, Cordura, coated fabric, nylon, latex
- Size: Comes in sizes X-small to XX-large
- Special Features: Double lined tunnel skirt, fleece hand warmer pockets
- Warranty: 1-year Manufacturers Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
1. Gul DARTMOUTH Eclip Breathable Drysuit
The GUL Dartmouth Eclip Zip Drysuit includes an underfleece and has so many impressive additional features that its made our number one spot on the list of the 5 best drysuit for kayak fishing options of 2018.
Among its list of features, one can include the soft neoprene neck and wrist seals that improve and ensure its waterproof. These also make the drysuit more comfortable to wear. While its an ideal suit for kayak fishing, it was also tailored and can be used for other watersports as well, for example, for kayak jetskiing.
It also offers a great value for the money and has some of the best customer reviews out there!
- Material: 100% waterproof heat-trapping treated material combinations
- Size: Comes in sizes small to X-large
- Special Features: Unrivaled value and durability
- Warranty: Offered by Manufacturer at User’s Request
So there you have it! The top 5 best drysuit for kayak fishing options available on the market nowadays. From more simple suits whose aim is to keep you warm and dry to premium options at fantastic values, we hope this list will help you find what you’re looking for.
We’d like to know what suit worked best for you so feel free to leave us your feedback! Or if your favorite hasn’t made the list but should be here. Feel free to leave a comment or opinion.
If you are looking for reviews of other kayak fishing accessories and equipment, we recommend the following: