Below, we have reviewed several of the best beginner fishing kayak variants on the market today and ranked them based on qualities like portability, durability, comfort, utility, and overall value! All the kayaks that made it on this list are top of the line and would be great options for anyone wanting to take up kayak fishing.
Kayak fishing is an extremely fun, healthy, and relaxing pastime and if this is a hobby you’re interested in taking up, then it’s crucial that you find the best beginner fishing kayak too!
|Intex Challenger K2 Kayak||11’6″ X 2’6″ X 1’3″||33.57 lbs||Affordable||By Request, from the Manufacturer||3/5|
|SUNDOLPHIN Journey Fishing Kayak||120″ x 30″ x 11″||44 lbs||Medium||By Request, from the Manufacturer||3.5/5|
|Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak||120″ x 31″ x 14.1″||56.5 lbs||Medium||By Request, from the Manufacturer||4/5|
|Ocean Kayak Prowler Angler Fishing Kayak||13.4″ x 28″ x 20″||62 pounds||High||By Request, from the Manufacturer||4/5|
|Driftsun Voyager 2 Person Inflatable Kayak||10ft. x 35” x 16”||27 lbs||High||By Request, from the Manufacturer||4.5/5|
|Vibe Kayaks Skipjack Angler Fishing Kayak||108″ x 32″ x 15″||55 lbs||High||Limited Lifetime||5/5|
6. Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
This kayak has made our list of best beginner fishing kayak options because it is easy to use, comes with everything you’ll need, and is also an affordable option. It’s essentially the perfect low-risk, budget-friendly kayak for most new kayak fishers. You can also read our Challenger K2 review to find out more about this fishing kayak.
- Sporty and fun design with attractive graphics and bright colors.
- Includes two aluminum paddles.
- Made of rugged Super-Tough vinyl.
- UV-damage and puncture resistant.
5. SUNDOLPHIN Journey Fishing Kayak
Ideal for lakes and rivers, this kayak is extremely maneuverable and lightweight. Constructed of high-end materials, which we discussed in our review, the Sun Journey 10 was surely designed to last. This Sun Dolphin Journey 10-foot long option can also track and be paddled with ease, which makes it one of the best beginner fishing kayak options currently available on the market.
- Great for lakes and rivers.
- Large open cockpit.
- Rugged Fortiflex high-density polyethylene construction.
4. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
With multiple footrests, a flat and stable bottom, spacious yet ergonomic design, and quality paddle (included), this kayak is an excellent choice for any aspiring beginner kayak fisherman.
It made it on our list of best beginner fishing kayak variants nowadays because it strikes a great balance between utility, efficiency, and comfort. Its great features also determined us to take a closer look, so read this Angler 100 review to find out more!
- Uv-protected high-density Polyethylene construction.
- The padded seat back and seat pad are fully adjustable.
- Comes with flush mounted fishing rod holders (for utility).
- Includes deep hull tracking channels.
- Features stability chine rails.
3. Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Fishing Kayak
The Prowler 13 is one of the first fishing kayaks out there and still a very popular option. This is because it comes with fast, quiet, and stable performance hull that can handle both calm and rough waters. It also features a large front hatch for easy access to the bow and the stern’s internal storage.
You also get more than enough space to accommodate multiple rods below deck. This is also more than just one of the best beginner fishing kayak variants, as you can also use it to transport scuba tanks, coolers crates, and more in its oversized tank well.
- Comes with a Comfort Plus seat, 2 cup holders, 2 rod holders, 2 paddle keeps, and a skip plate.
- It is transducer compatible.
- Large front hatch and oversized tank well in the rear.
- Fast, quiet, and stable performance hull.
2. Driftsun Voyager 2 Person Inflatable Kayak
This 2 person kayak comes complete with everything you could want and need! Its list of accessories includes an adjustable EVA padded seat set, two aluminum kayak paddles with comfortable and utility-friendly grip handles, a deluxe hand pump, a rear tracking fin, a full repair kit, and a travel and storage bag.
This is easily one of the best beginner fishing kayaks as you won’t have to worry about researching and getting additional accessories.
- Easy to use and maneuver and durable.
- Can fit two people.
- Includes a Repair Kit, paddles, and many more.
- Quick to inflate (a reported 5 minutes or less).
1. Vibe Kayaks Skipjack Angler Fishing Kayak
The Vibe Skipjack is easy to use, super stable, comfortable, and very important, it was also built to last. This angler fishing kayak has a gorgeous design and is constructed out of high-quality materials! Perfect for beginners, it falls into a surprisingly fair price range too, so its definetly one if not the best beginner fishing kayak.
- Includes paddles, rod holders, seat, gear tracks, rigging, and 4 easy grip carry handles.
- Durable premium design and materials.
- Extremely comfortable and easy to paddle.
- Comes with multiple storage options.
So there you have it! From beginner options that are inflatable and easily portable to more high-end variants that are just as simple to carry and use, this has been our list of the six of the best beginner fishing kayaks you can get nowadays!
We more than welcome your feedback, so feel free to let us know which kayak worked best for you or if you’d like to recommend another!